Friday, August 07, 2009

Friday Fun?

It's Friday, and I should be all excited for the weekend. But, at the end of a week of holidays, one day just blends into the next, in a steady procession of relaxing, guilt-tripping myself into chores, more relaxing, and taking a break from relaxing.

This morning dawned as one of those days when you don't want to get out of bed, but wish your chicken noodle soup could be delivered. Ah, the Vancouver summer I had heard so much about is finally upon us. After weeks of Torontonian heat wave and bright sun, with the accompanying short fuses and miserable people, the tranquility of coastal grey has returned. A day when you don't want to go to work at all, but write blogs about the weather instead.

So, after sending the missus off to work (someone has to put food on the table), I'm keeping warm with a cuppa and thinking about what to add to my soup order, so that the Vietnamese restaurant across the street will deliver for lunch.

There is some thrill in the arrival of Friday night, as with two days off, the missus has promised to cook dinner for me! In addition,having her at home means I may actually leave the house tomorrow. And Sunday, our pastor is gone, so there should be some variation at church...I guess I sympathize with hard working stay-at-home folks. They can't really go to the office for a weekend getaway, now, can they? It's like those who live in vacation destinations and have their summers ruined.

I certainly appreciate my working life more now, as it's just so much simpler to TGIF and slack off for the afternoon when you're in the office!

No comments: