Thursday, April 02, 2009

Musings and Mutterings

I haven't blogged for a few days, I've been too frustrated with not finding a job, despite the number of interviews I've had. Laura and I went to Granville Market on the weekend, and took pictures of huge strawberries and massive meringue pies, which can be seen here. Sunday for lunch we ate dim sum at a famous (for dim sum in East Vancouver) restaurant, total cost for two, $14.45. Incredible. Then we walked to Commercial Drive, one of my favourite spots in Vancouver. FYI, for anyone that knows the Drive, Cafe Deux Soleils closed this week, no notes as to why, but their website is down as well.

I found a soccer league to play in, but no one wants to sign me, they're all full (old boys league). So, maybe rugby? They have open practices nearby. Laura and I found a church we want to check out, walking distance away. We'll see what it's like on Sunday.

Last night Laura and I went to the local library branch, and I got a library card. We plan to go to the main branch on Saturday, it's legendary. Anyways, the library is really convenient,so i may be spending a bit of time there. Oh yeah, Monday night Laura and I went to a Vietnamese place,and our total bill was $10.50. Ironically, we spentmore on coffee the next day. Vancovuer isn't more expensive, it's just "alternatively priced", so you have to watch what you're buying and where.

Today I'm sitting in a cafe on Commercial Drive, with a movie shooting outside on the sidewalk,a nd the same extras walking past over and over. Also, the usual Drive regulars - a guy in a skirt, runners in Lulu Lemon, old Italians, girl with fuschia hair and a burlap dress, cowboy with then gallon hat and huge buckle, squeegee kid and skaters. Never a dull moment.

A plug: I'm reading Wikinomics right now, it's already outdated, but it has changed the way outdated industries are thinking about economics for the next generation. Definitely an easy and intersting read.

That's it for now, except to say that I've switched from Picasa to Flickr, so photos will be available at my Flickr site. Feel free to comment!

No comments: