Monday, April 20, 2009

Easter Weekend and work

Laura and I had a really good, but busy, Easter weekend. With my new job (more details to follow), I worked Saturday and Monday of the weekend, but Good Friday was a relaxing day, with another long walk, and Easter Sunday was baptism Sunday for the little church we visited last week, so we shared in the special day. For all you Catholics out there, this was an adult baptism, where we watched people get fully dunked under water on stage. The church followed with a dinner for everyone, with ham (and a really yummy cranberry curry sauce), and warm home baked pies!

I'm adapting to the commuting life, and it's not too stressful, as I commute out of the big city, rather than in to it, so there's never a lot of people on the bus/train. I can read both of the free dailies they hand out at the train station, or when I start school I can get some studying done. My work environment is really good, it's a small optometry practice, with a lab on-site, so my day is filled (once again), with booking patients and selling glasses. Conveniently, I started work in time to get paid 7 days later!

No comments: