Saturday, April 25, 2009

Latest activities

So, I've started playing wallyball on Wednesday nights with some guys from church. This is abrutal abuse of my muscles and joints, highly agressive and competetive, and a great escape from work. Wallyball is volleyball, in a raquetball court, and you can play off a wall. Check out the American Wallyball Association. Also, I may be returning to the drums with a couple of guys looking to rebuild their band. 

Just to consume my free time, I'm working from home for World Relief, to finalize a project in Congo for them, based on the work I did with Food for the Hungry last year. 

Laura is on her office social committee, and has organized monthly team outings, including kayaking, hiking, and others, which should be fun. Thursday night we went to Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge, which is a local secret (free) alternative to the Capilano Suspension Bridge, and it's high priced tourism.  No pictures, as we forgot the camera!

Also, I have an interview for a possible job as Emergency Planning Officer for the District of North Vancovuer on Tuesday, which I never thought I would get!

1 comment:

Dan said...

Good luck with the job interview. Perhaps you should suggest that they not plan emergencies. I think there are enough as it is--no need to plan more of them.