Thursday, March 26, 2009

Yesterday (Wednesday) was my "wait for callbacks" day. I waited, and I didn't get any. So, I unpacked clothes, washed laundry, made supper, did dishes, unpacked clothes, took out the trash, went grocery shopping, unpacked some more. A wasted day, of frantic busyness. I hate waiting.

Laura explored a shopping mall on her way home, which has a cheap grocery store (Food Basics-ish), and a drugstore and banks. She also discovered that to get insurance for her car, she has to show them her full insurance history, and it has to come from the insurance company direct. That's right - ten years of tracking through whatever insurance companies, calling them, and asking for a record to be sent. And she has 30 days, and needs a BC license. What a hassle! It looks like the car might be parked for a while. Good thing she has secure underground parking and door to door bus service!

Last night, Laura and I took a walk again (this time shorter, as it was cold), and went west, as opposed to east. We discovered a cute little cafe, that's attached to a pub and off-sales liquor store. That's right, Ontarians, a restaurant where you can buy take out alcohol. Anyways, the cafe makes everything in house (breads, pastries, yummy cream cheese cinnamon buns), and has free wi-fi. We also found another 425 (approximately) Asian restaurants in the next four blocks. Perhaps tonight we'll head south, or north?

Today, I had an interview with an optometrist, looking for an office manager. Interesting - she has a mobile practice, so no patients come to the office. The hours are part time and flexible - just put 20 hours in during working hours each week. I find out if I get the job next week, and it's not starting until April 20th, so the hunt continues.

I'm blogging from a cafe called Death by Chocolate, at the corner of W Broadway & Fir, with a great view of the mountains and the North Shore...what a great city.

No comments: