Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Late again

So, it's been another week plus, but I have excuses!!!I have been in as many citiies as days this last week, and gave up my laptop on the weekend, so it's harder to post.
In summary:
I was in Maputo for a ridiculously long time at the beginning of the month, and finally got back to Caia on Monday the 7th. Then, on Wedensday I was told I was needed in Maputo again, so on Thursday I left at 5, drove to Beira, hopped a plane, and was back in Maputo for dinner. Friday I looked at car with Armindo, the logistics manager, and Saturday we bought two for the price of one (and pulled a sports model to boot). I got a break Sunday, and then took the overnight bus to Pretoria, South Africa, arriving at 4:30 when nothing is open, except a crazy restaurant where the staff were sleeping in the booths, and they made me some hot chocolate...had a McDonald's breakfast yippeeee...and then walked about 6 km. to the Brazilian embassy to get a visa. Finally checked into my hotel at 12 and crashed. Today I got the visa in the morning YES!!!!, and then have spent the afternoon at an incredible shopping mall. Unfortunately, no idea what to do tomorrow, except maybe see a doctor about a pain in my foot.

That's the summary, more details in posts to follow.

1 comment:

Natalee said...

So... are you still around? What is going on it your life?we wait to hear with bated breath!