Tuesday, April 17, 2007

New Posts

A quick update - I have posted to Chris's Questions, my other blog. See the link on the sidebar to read these posts.

In other news, I am working to join my good friend JLP, also known as Jordo, on a one week trip next month to the beauty-full beaches of Ipanima, and other hot spots 'no bonita Brasil'. At the end of my contract I plan to take a direct flight from Johannesburg to Sao Paulo, before returning to Canada. It better be summer by the time I get back!

Further, I just got a 'Caia Cut' today from the local barber. This is the standard cut, using an electric clippers, no guard, entire head and face all the same length. It takes 10 minutes, and costs 10 Meticais, and I need it every 10 days. The only problem is, unlike the Caia citizens, I can only flaunt it for 10 minutes a day, without burning my head!

Speaking of burns, my sunburn from Easter weekend, a consequence of an hour and a half at the pool, became the most severe burn I've ever had. After the front of my legs blistered from my knees to my ankles, I noticed underlying tissue damage, and I've been applying antibiotic cream to preven scars all down my legs.

That's all the excitement, except that on Sunday I braved the crocs and survived swimming in the Zambezi with a few other relief workers.

All the news, pictures later!!!

No comments: