Thursday, April 05, 2007

Blessed Easter Greetings

Exciting news, I have managed to squeeze myself onto today's United Nations flight out of town, along with both managers, so we will make it to Beira tonight, and meet with the other FHI managers. I beleive there is a plan for some R&R this weekend, a nice seafood dinner, and some sleep. Sunday morning a sunrise service on the beach. BTW, sunrise is 05:25 here...

So, I may not have access to post on Sunday. This week we ran out of credit on our satellite, and for reasons I can't explain, I have internet access but can not reply to emails that I downloaded already. So, if in the last 48 hours you deserved a reply, please do not despair, I should be back on Monday.

In other news this week, FHI Caia will be entering a soccer team in the local championship, news and scorelines to follow.

The town is changing as emergency agencies wind up and pull out. There is still a large need here, as people have no seeds to replant their drowned fields, and no materials to repair or rebuild houses. Also, the government has not set up a resettlement process yet, for people to get new land, not in the floodplain.

May God bless you all this weekend, as you reflect on new beginnings, new opportunities and new life.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Hey Chris,
Hope you enjoy a great rest! We'll be thinking of you this weekend (and always) as we get together at mom and dad's. miss you!
-Beth

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having a grand ole time! HAPPY EASTER!

Jilly