Thursday, March 15, 2007

Changing Over

Well, after much delay, I'm posting to the blog again. This is because a serious of events have unfolded, providing a measure of certainty to my life (although not all would agree ;0)

As follows:
1. No job for two months lead to frantic concern, followed by a new resolution.
2. The new resolution was to return to school if nothing came up, enrolling in a paramedic program.
3. The paramedic program starts April 30, at which point I take no further offers for employment.
4. I have four positive interactions, to discuss Africa, Asia, Ottawa and "somewhere" as possibilities, but nothing concrete.
5. I start the enrollment process for college.
6. I am contacted, confirmed and offered a position in 24 hours, effective immediately.

So, tomorrow I leave for Mozambique, on a 60 day contract with Food for the Hungry International (FHI), as a Relief Program Manager. The certainty comes from the fact that regards of the length of time in this or any further contract, I am looking forward to the opportunity, if unemployed again, to train as a paramedic.

The last few days have been a flurry of farewells, and last minute preparations. My apologies to those dear friends and relations with whom I have been unable to connect this week. My appreciation to all those who have assisted in the preparations, and have committed to support me with prayer and encouragement.

I am more prepared now, to make less future promises of postings, and just deliver with what's available. Please don't be afraid to remind me of any delinquencies. BTW, emailing me is more effective than posting a comment, if you want a personal response. It's actually difficult to reply to a comment, unless you log in, or I already have your address!!

Off to reserve my seats,

Chris

No comments: