Thursday, June 19, 2008

Burma on my minds

I do apologize for the delay in following up on my last post...I am continuing to support the team fro home, back in Guelph. I have edited some previous posts to remove connections between my work and the agency, please don't compromise this with comments, as you will see the seriousness below!

I was relieved by an excellent team leader, two decades my senior, who will be in Rangoon for a month. We also mobilized a disaster response training for local volunteers, the details of which I can't discuss openly. I received word this morning that one of these local volunteers has been detained for suspicious travel activity. It continuous to be difficult to aid the needy. Please pray for the local team and also my replacement, working alone in Rangoon, as well as all the support team in Bangkok and other areas.

Please email me privately with follow up questions, etc., as no more details can be posted on an open blog.

No comments: